Monday, November 3, 2008

blah blah blah

Ok, I'm having technical problems and was unable to insert this text below the picture below, of a couple hugging. This text is supposed to go with the post called Company, but i got an html error. so here goes:

The romantic moment is from a comic I drew last weekend. It reminded me of the short novel
Company by Samuel Beckett. When all else fails, there's always the company of imagination, or whatever you want to call the voices that may or may not be in one's mind. A voice comes to one in the dark, that's how the novel begins, sort of like the famous beginning of Proust's giant novel about memories, a child lying in the dark, trying to figure out exactly where he was. Amazing things happen when you look at the mind. I love imagination and the wonderful things that happen in my mind. Even when outer situations are not pleasant, there's always the playfulness and adventure of inner worlds. Imagination is my sweetheart. I hug her many times during the day and during dreams at night. After a few failures at relationships, at the age of fifty-two, I finally came to terms with living alone. Part of dealing with living alone is learning to find company. Friendliness is the way to go.

I woke up this morning and a large black dog came running to say hello. The dog sat down and we had a little friendly conversation. The swoosh of wings, a loud sound of psychedelic laughter, a raven flew by, dark blue, almost black, a perfect moment, a dog and a raven, early in the morning, there's no need to lie around in the dark when the world is out there with open arms, ready to offer good and bad.

No comments: